The Bloomfield Group is now recruiting!
SALES REPRESENTATIVE JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: New Business Sales Surveyor (Electronic Security)
· Promotes/sells/secures orders from prospective customers through a relationship-based approach on self generated leads.
· Demonstrates products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
DETAILS OF FUNCTION:
· Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services.
· Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to prospective customers.
· Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
· Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for prospective customers.
· Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
· Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical departments.
· Analyses the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of prospective customers to the organization.
· Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
· Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
· Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical departments.
Reports directly to the Sales Director
Demonstrable 5 years successful selling experience preferably (but not necessarily) in the Security Systems Sector.
Minimum of A-C grades for GCSE English and Maths
Demonstrable aptitude for problem solving with an ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach). The job role will involve designing security systems.
Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications.
Valid driver’s license.
The successful candidate will be CRB and credit checked and will be investigated to at least 10 years in their past.
Basic salary with generous commission structure
Contributory Pension Scheme
Fully expensed car
Home based with occassional meetings at the Birmingham HQ
Home Office internet phone and all in one printer / scanner / copier
20 Days annual holiday rising with service plus statutory holidays